When a customer requests to make a card payment while on delivery, there are many options that apply.
It is possible to process this payment from the Deliveree application on the handset using a device that is not integrated with Deliveree (such as the ABSA Pebble/ Nedbank Pocket Pos/ FNB Speedee/ a Speedpoint.
Cash on delivery is also accepted and there is a "cash" payment option on the device.
*Below is information on integrated payment solutions that utilized in some stores.
Receiving Payments (General steps on the Deliveree App)
When the driver is at the customer a "Tell Customer I’m here" button will appear. The driver must push this button to notify the customer that the order has arrived and mark the order as delivered.
On the Deliveree Driver App, the driver will need to select the payment type.
For non-integrated card payments, Best Practice is to select "Credit Card (Manual).
Using the ABSA Payment Pebble:
Once the ABSA payment application has been set up, you will be able to process card transactions on the Payment pebble through the Deliveree application.
The following ten steps will explain how to take a Card payment on the Payment Pebble:
- Select the order that you want to pay.
- Once selected, a red button called "Payment" will appear. Tapping it will show a driver tip pop up option which the customer can decide whether they want to tip the driver. After the tip pop up option the ABSA payment app will launch. (The driver tip is set to 0% by default)
- Swipe or insert the customer's card.
- Enter the required card number digits when a card was swiped.
- Select the card type.
- Select the account to be debited.
- Pass the Payment pebble to the cardholder.
- The application will ask the customer to confirm the amount on the pebble, once the customer has confirmed it. The pebble will then ask to enter the customer's PIN.
- Payment is now complete. Remove the card and the Payment Pebble if no longer needed. Press OK.
- Enter an email address and/or mobile number to receive the proof of payment. (If this transaction is not complete the payment will reverse in 5 min.)
Entering a pin on the Payment Pebble Handset:
- A shuffled keypad will be displayed on the Payment pebble screen.
- Enter your first digit by pressing the position of the digit as displayed on the Payment pebble on the smartphone or tablet screen. NOTE, The keypad on the Payment pebble screen will shuffle into new positions after every digit pressed.
- Select the position of your next digit, noticing the new position after each entry. Continue until you have entered all digits.
- Once all your digits have been entered, select "Enter"
Thumbzup MDH- An Integrated Payment Solution:
An integrated payment solution is still used in some stores.
This solution is no longer offered for new customers.
The integrated solution is a Device managed by Thumbzup and ABSA.
This Device consists of the Driver Application loaded on a Blade connected to a Payment Pebble.
Below is an example of the MDH (Mobile Driver Handset).
The bottom of the device is the BLADE and the top of the device is the payment PEBBLE.